Friday, February 23, 2018

Gunnies Helping Gunnies: Athena Burkhead


Hi. I’m Athena Burkhead, the daughter of David Burkhead, the Writer In Black.

My parents are going through a divorce right now. My father wants to keep custody of me, and I want to stay with him for very good reasons that I cannot legally talk about.  Due to the lawyer’s fees involved, my father and I are financially struggling.

Our family of two needs money in order to be able to support itself, which is why I’m starting this fundraiser. $6,000 ought to cover the costs of the custody and divorce.

We need help immediately. My father has gone into debt to keep custody of me. I love him and don’t want him to go bankrupt , but I don’t want to live with my mother, either.

I don't want to be taken away from my father. Please help us.
I don't know all the details (it's none of my business), but what I do know of the situation has convinced me that Athena needs to be with her father instead of her mother.

Tell you what, I'll just quote the other people who know more.


Key words: Rescue Operation. 


Key words: Athena needs to stay with her father, at all costs.


Key words: The mother is best described as a monster.


Please help keep a teenage girl with her loving father. You can do this in the following ways:
  • Donate to their GoFundMe campaign
  • Give directly via PayPal to dburkhuad@yahoo.com (the misspelling of his last name is intentional; this is David's earmarked PayPal account set up expressly for legal fees). 
  • Buy David's books on Amazon. He gets money and you get a book! 
  • David's books* are also available on Kindle Unlimited. That means if you have a KU account, you can read them for fee. (Don't worry, he still gets paid.)
  • Share this fundraiser so that other people see it!
In only 48 hours we've managed to raise half of our goal! I'm certain that we can raise the other half over the weekend. 

Plus, if you donate $100 or more, you get to pick an 8x10 print from Oleg Volk's gallery to be drop-shipped to you (where available - Oleg can't drop ship to every country).

If you donate $200 or more, you get to pick a 16x20 print from Oleg's gallery!

So please, donate and share today! Thank you!




 *All of the ebooks over which he has control, that is. The Sword & Sorceress anthology is the only one not available in KU because it's the only one over which he has no control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.